Keys to Success
It’s Important to understand the competencies required for superior performance. With our new DNA Position Analysis tool, we can help you pinpoint the top competencies for any position.
A leader’s ability to motivate and influence employees stems from trust. It can be hard to earn, yet easy to lose. When building trust, do your best to stay consistent, do as you say, build in accountability and when in doubt, listen.
Every Manager is a risk manager. Of course, you have policies and procedures in place to try and predict and/or prevent. But the Leaders with the biggest impact tend to do the following three things consistently well. They ask the right questions, seek out a diversity of opinions and perspectives and act with integrity.
- Overcoming, managing and using fear to…
- Ask the right questions
- Seek out alternate and conflicting ideas and/or perspective.
- Make the right decisions—for everyone.
It’s important to treat people as they are, not who you think they are or wished they were. Like an Orchestra, everyone has their role to play. Don’t be so busy with goals and plans that you forget that people get things done.
Things to remember:
- It’s vital to understand your teams’ values and styles.
- Adapt where you can, confront where you can’t.
- The way you treat people reflects you.
- Seek the best interest of others.
- They aren’t you and that’s okay!
Whether you are examining competencies, building trust, managing risk or leveraging everyone’s strengths, these are all very powerful tools for success. We are here to be a strong resource in each of these areas, and more. Give us call!